Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Snow Family of Saint George

I have so many things I want to post, but not nearly enough time to sit down and get it all done tonight, so here's a quick one for you.  Monday morning Tayven was up at like 5:30 (an all too common accurance these days, and I'm not convinced that it's better than waking up during the night, but at least I can brag and say he sleeps through the night, right?) and I was looking out the kitchen window thinking how strange the light at that hour looked.  I was obviously delirious and couldn't figure out why the world looked so white.  So a  little while later, I was back at the sink, still wondering why I couldn't see the roof of the condos behind us, when it dawned on me.  I couldn't see the black roof against the sky because the whole world was covered in snow.  So I announced my discovery to LaMonte (he's an early riser, even on vacation) and rushed out to see if it was real.  We were all quite surprised, especially since we paid special attention to the weather announce a 30% chance of rain, and not a word of snow!

So, while LaMonte and Nancy were at the wedding they came to attend, we put Tayven down for a nap and headed outside.  (Can you imagine having snow in your wedding pictures at the St. George Temple?  I didn't even get snow in SL, although it was definitely cold enough!) I think it's kind of sad that poor Tayven has yet to experience snow, but it's so much easier to not have to worry about bundling him up.  I really wish I would have at least taken him out for a picture...  Anywho, what's done is done.  Breah had so much fun playing in the snow.   She's got quite the arm for throwing snowballs:

And after her practice snowman in American Fork, she's pretty good at building these too, with a little help from Dad: 



 Giving herself a little more height:

 Breah posing with our little snow family:  Tayven (no, we don't have a dog, that's Tayven crawling), Dad, Breah, Mom, Grandma and Grandpa.  We used just about every inch of snow on our front lawn.  We thought about borrowing from our neighbors front yard too, but they were actually in town, and then we got distracted talking to some other neighbors.
 I tried to submit this picture to KSL for the news, but never could figure it out so all we got to see was somebody's pool covered in snow.  BUT, as we were all sitting around in the living room, our snowbird neighbor from Brigham City was out taking pictures of our family, so at least someone enjoyed them!




3 comments:

  1. Gee what a cute snow family, I wish you could have got it on KSL it would have been the cutest one ever, one snow person for every one pretty good, I bet it melted fast, that is the best kind of snow to have, we have enough to share. Love to you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun was had by all. Wow! How often can St. George brag about snow? To bad you didn't get it on the news with your snowmen and women. Your mom just told me about this last night and said you were anxious to get it on your blog. Fun, Fun, Fun..................

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, those are the cutest snowpeople EVER.

    ReplyDelete