Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Heart Melted...

Before Christmas I told Breah we needed to go through all of her toys and take some to DI to make room for the new toys she might get.  I really wanted her to understand that not everyone is so lucky, and would have liked to take her somewhere that she could actually see someone appreciating them, but lately I'm lucky to get the to the grocery store before it's an absolute emergency, so DI it was.  We went through and discarded a few random things and that was that.  Then shortly after Christmas she came to me with some of her Care Bears and couple other things and said she wanted to give them away to somebody who didn't have so many toys.  These were all things she actually plays with and I was worried that she would regret it, but she insisted.  How could I deny her?  So, we started making another pile.  This has since become one of her favorite activities (a sure sigh she has too many toys?).  Today we were cleaning her room and she decided that she only needs one pair of slippers and I could just take her Barney ones to DI, cuz she got new ones for Christmas.  Then she starts going through her stuffed animals again and gave up 2 dolls that she doesn't want to play with anymore, a race car, because she has so many cars, a purse ("I have enough purses!  I only need one purse, and this one, well, I just don't like it when I fold it up like this, cuz it's just kinda weird or somethin"), and her great big bunny, "cuz it just takes up so much room in there" (don't know where she heard that one...haha).  She wanted to give away all but one of her phones, and her bunny Teako, but I had to draw the line somewhere--she would miss the phones, and I would miss Teako).  She told me "I'm gonna take these all to DI for someone who doesn't have a lot of toys, cuz I have enough"  Then when we were all done she said, "It's going to make some people sooo happy!"  I just picked her up and hugged her.  She can be so sweet sometimes.  She begged all afternoon to go drop them off, but we never had the time, so as I was getting ready to go to mutual she asked me if I would just go drop them off on my way?  "sure honey, i can do that!"  "Then will you just get me a great big bag for all this stuff to go in?"  She followed me around with this bag til I was out the door, and when I called to tell Brandon I was going to Wal-Mart, Breah gets on the phone "Hi Mom, did you take my stuff to DI yet?"  She can be pretty sweet when she wants to be!

On another note, she continues to love primary.  Sunday she came home with this paper that she had colored.  I asked her teacher tonight if she had helped her, and she said that Breah has written her name all by herself the last 2 weeks--I'm so proud I could pop!  She's pretty proud to, but she told me that her A was just a crazy A, and that E was silly and she just kept "striping it, stripe, stripe, stripe."  I was actually quite surprised she did it on her own.  At home she always gets the B, but will always ask for help with the R and A so I have to walk her through it.  Now that I know she can do it I'll have to make her do it on her own!

2 comments:

  1. Totally sweet. And she can write her name! Daph isn't interested in the least and can barely write a D. Great work Breah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go Breah..you are growing up to be such a little lady, we love you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete