Breah was thrilled find that Santa had fulfilled her wishlist with a Tinkerbell nightlight and a comb and brush and blow dryer fing! She couldn't wait to try it all out and got all prettied up before moving on to the next. Tayven thought it looked like fun too!
The stockings were filled with all kinds of surprises: movies, candy, dress up dolls, and silly bands, just like all her cousins have! She also got a slinky, just like the one Grandma Nancy gave her earlier and said, "Another slinky? Goodness, how many slinkies do I meed?"
Tayven didn't much care for opening his own presents, he was much to busy checking out Breah's, flicking the door stopper, and playing with the decor. But have no fear, Breah was more than willing to help him out. She was so cute to show him how things work
After the presents were opened, Tayven got a nap and we had our traditional Christmas breakfast, Butterscotch rolls. Every time I make them it's a complete disaster, but they sure taste good! Mental note: Next year, don't put so many rolls! After playing with all the new toys for a while, Daddy and Breah headed out back and I set to work in the kitchen. All I have to say is that I sure have a greater appreciation for all the mom's and grandmas in my life who pull off successful full course meals time after time. I was in the kitchen all day, I never even got a chance to get ready for the day. BUT, I'm quite proud of how things turned out (I just need a better game plan next time). The turkey was the most delicious turkey I have ever tasted, and it was so easy! We also had mashed potatoes and gravy, apple walnut stuffing, Dixie Salad, Sweet potato casserole, cranberry sauce, and rolls.
Grandma Nellie and the boys arrived just in time for dinner and brought with them more presents. It was like Christmas morning all over again. We were all spoiled, but we try hard not to be rotten!
(





OH, such beautiful Children!!!there is nothing so much fun and special as sweet little ones at Christmas (or any time) it is so good that Tayven has a big sister, Breah to watch out for him and to help him. Love you all!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're fabulous!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your successful Christmas dinner. One we would like to have shared with you. Maybe another year.
ReplyDelete