Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine Fun

I'm not a huge fan of the whole lovey-dovey romance side of Valentine's day.  I'm more of a show your love every day because you want to, not because the marketing industry says to, kind of girl.  Good thing, too, since my Valentine has been on the other side of the country for the past 3 weeks.  Yep, Brandon's in Georgia, but he's coming home tomorrow.  I'm so excited I can hardly wait!  I miss him a ton, but Breah might just go crazy if she doesn't see her dad soon.  She often asks at the end of the day "What day is tomorrow going to be? And what are we going to do for {thursday}?"  We didn't have any plans for today so I asked her what she wanted to do.  Have a friend over?  Go to the library?  Her reply "Stay home and play with Daddy!"  

Although we miss him, we didn't let his absence get us down this Valentines.  Sunday after church the  kids and I headed up to Grandma Nancy's for a visit, and it just so happens we got to attend the cousin Valentine party!  Here's Breah sporting her new Tinkerbell shirt.  She looooooooooves it, it's pretty much the best present she's ever recieved, adn she plans to wear it every day!
Playing Valentine Bingo with the cousins:
Opening her present from G&G

Anywho, the part I love most about Valentines Day is the decorating.  There is just so much to do, so many fun crafts, so as I often do when Bran's away, I crafted my little heart out.  Here is a sampling of my valentine crafts this year.  Is it sad that my bathroom is the most festive room in the house?  The wire block is still a work in progress, as well as a few other projects not shown.  


 (including this one here:  kissing balls, coming soon)
Breah asked me today why I still had my Valentine decorations up, since it's over.  I told her I didn't want to take them down yet cuz I didn't have anything to put in their place.  So she said, "you should get some packages!"  (What?  Some packages?)  "Yeah, since St. Package day is next.  We will have to get some packages to decorate" Gosh I love that girl! 

5 comments:

  1. You decorated so cute! And, your kids are so adorable! Miss ya guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great decorations! And the "package day" thing is killing me- she's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you guys are very 'loved' on valentine's and every other day! we're glad you had a nice little vacation for the holiday. Did you do a whole other valentine celebration when you got back home with your daddy? Thanks for the Valentines you sent to us.
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Thank you for your Valentine to us too.
    Tell Breah we loved it and her signiture is great. Sorry we didn't have a Valentine as such, just our love to you all.
    Love all of your decorations. You ought to go into the business. Smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow such great decorations, nice pictures, Breah can think of so many cute things, we sure love her and Tavin (I liked how he helped) I can hardly wait to see the decorations on St. Package Day.That Breah really thinks fast, I may even decorate for that one.

    ReplyDelete