I love my babies very, very, very much. But somedays it's all I can do to make it to dinner. Then, when they are both finally sound asleep, I sneak in and see them sleeping so innocently, and it's impossible to stay mad. I can't go to bed without kissing Breah's chubby little cheeks and giving Tayven's little bumb a pat (I'd kiss him too if I could reach). And if that isn't enough, we start fresh the next day. It's just a darn good thing they are so irresistibly cute. On days when I'm feeling particularly frustrated, it helps to sit here and look through my pics and notes. I'm awful at recording things (Tay's almost 1 and still doesn't have a baby book) but I do have lots of random little notes laying around on the off chance I do write something down. Here's a few Breah quotes (granted they would make more sense had I expanded a bit before I forgot the details):
1/15: "I should have axed Santa for a clock instead of a tinkerbell light. Oh well, maybe next year!" (while shopping at Kohl's she found a princess clock she just had to have, we are currently working to earn it)
1/24:
"And I Did. NOT. Listen. To. YOU!" (asked her to do something, she didn't do it, later repeat, "I asked you to do____________")
"Now that I go under water I will like ____________." All of the sudden Breah is willing to try (some) new foods, because, well, now that she can go under water she is big enough to eat food other than mac and cheese and peanut butter. Still a no for veggies, but we are making progress!
2/7: on a date with Dad she proclaimed, "I'm something else!"
2/8: "I will just wait up for Dad tonight" (the day he flew out to Georgia) M: But Daddy's not coming home tonight" B: "But he can just fly home on the airplane, I miss him!"
2/12: "Mom, how did Santa Clause come in our house? We don't have a fire?"
2/13:
She's obsessed with skirts. She would wear one every day if i'd let her (and I would, if she would wear something on her legs), so i bought her a couple jean skirts at DI. She was ecstatic, couldn't wait to wear them to church. But I had to explain to her that these were play skirts, not church skirts (they have shorts underneath). Fast forward a few days to Sunday and I put on my jean skirt without a second thought, but Breah caught me: "But Mom, that is not a church skirt, that is a play skirt!" (Yes, I am such a hypocrit....I wore the skirt anyway and used her as an example in my lesson on being teacher: "you may think no one is watching, but your wrong!!")
"Oh, Tayven, you have some big aligator tears!"
"Look, he's like a uncle" (referring to Tayven's hair being slicked down to the side, like uncle Jace)
2/14
In response to her new Tinkerbell shirt she got for Valentines Day: " Thank you Mom! I LOVE it soooooo much! It's just beautiful. I have never even had one before, now I can wear it every single day!"
2/15: While staying at Grandma's Breah got so tired that when it was time for bed she asked: "Are we going read stories or go straight to bed?" I thought stories would be the correct answer but she replied, "Let's just go straight to be, cuz look how tired I am: (moaning and groaning)"
2/23:
Bre: I want something to eat
M: Ok, what would you like?
B: Um, somefing healthy and snacky, like a gramorrow bar
2/24:
I had nachos for lunch today so of course started singing "Nacho Nacho Man, I want to be a nacho man"
B: Who wants to be a nacho man? that's kinda weird! I want to be a driver!
M: oh yeah? what kind of driver?
B: a car. I want to drive a car. Then, next I will be a teacher. And after I'm a teacher, I will be a mommy, and then a daddy. And then a baby! But how would I get in your tummy?
"Maybe next year Santa will bring me a Ma Sewing Chine, like yours for Christmas (she get's these ideas and they never die! I've been hearing about this sewing machine for 2 months now, ever since she saw a little girl model at Joann's)
Things she says repeatedly:
"Is that a plan/good idea?" or "I have a plan" "let's make a plan"
"I b'weive so"
"I would rather______"
"I meed to ax you someping" (and proceeds to give me orders)
"You be the kiddo, and I'm the mom"
"I need my kiddos!"
"Just let him cry"
"I will save him!" (she loves to go to Tayven when he wakes up from a nap and I have to stay away for a few minutes, it's so cute!)
"is it lunch time yet? (from about 8:00 on)
"Oh well, maybe next time!"
"Um, Shoooore"
"Today was a great day!"
"Don't you want to play with me? (Complete with a puppy dog face)
"FIVE more minutes!" (the best is one day after dinner she asked if she could stay up, so I told her she had 2 hours before bed, she replies, "How bout five minutes?")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Miss personality plus---Thanks for keep'in us in stitches Girls!
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh I'm cracking up! She is a hoot! that's a good idea to keep little random notes all around, I always forget to write anything down and then try so hard to remember what the girls said and never do! Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteWOW, such cute kids!! never a dull momment, sure wish we could be around you all more, but thanks so much for letting us laugh with you, such a cutie she is!!!!
ReplyDeleteShaylah, I'm still cracking up over Breah's quotes. I can't wait to meet her. You must laugh all day long!
ReplyDeleteFreaking hilarious and adorable.
ReplyDeleteI definitely feel my heart melt when I look at my sleeping kid, and I only have one, so I can only imagine how nice it is to see them being peaceful when you have two :)
ReplyDelete