Sunday, June 12, 2011

Easter/Spring in a Nutshell

I wish I were a better blogger, but it hasn't been my biggest priority as of late.  However, since it is Sunday and  I'm all alone (the kids are both asleep, hooray), I figure this is better than cleaning/organizing the house!  Beware, this is a pretty lenthy (lots of pics) post!

We had a very eventful spring/Easter this year; due, I think, to the fact that we are moving across the country and our families think they'll never see us again.  But truth be told, I doubt many of them will come visit, so I'm glad they came while they could!

We had our first visitors of the season when Robyn and Kevin and Chelsey came to stay during Utah State's spring break.  We have loved having them come visit every year and will be sad when we hear of them partying in St. George without us.  We've enjoyed spending New Years with them twice and I believe they've come down every spring that we've lived here.  Breah LOVES spending time with Aunt Robyn.  She would be content to follow her around for days, talking like one of the grown ups.  We enjoyed visiting, eating yummy food, and shopping!  Sadly, I don't think I took any pics!

Then, Emilee asked if she and the kids (and Nancy) could come visit over their spring break!  We were excited for that, but then Ashley called and wanted to come too.  Well of course, the more the merrier!  We had a blast!  I love when we can get all the cousins together!

It's so fun having Tayven and Daxton so close to the same age.  They had a great time playing together, and aren't they cute!

We took the kids to Cottonwood Cove park, thinking it would be more fun for the bigger kids.  As we were leaving, my niece said it was even more fun than Disneyland!  We had so much fun there we had to go back another day!
  We also decided to hit up the sand dunes.  It was a beautiful day for sand (last time we went it was much too hot!), and  I'm so glad Breah has gotten past her sand phobia.  She had a blast "buying brown sugar" from the kids and digging in the sand.  And surprisingly enough, I don't remember Tayven eating too much, either!
 We also spent an afternoon at the SHAC.  Breah LOVES this pool and loves the big slide.  It did take me awhile to convince her to go the first time, but after that she couldn't get enough.  Poor Tayven was so tired he just laid in his floaty, and then eventually went to sleep in Grandma's arms!  What a silly boy!
We made the kids eat outside once, and then that's where they chose to eat every meal.  

We kicked off the Easter festivities with the annual Tonaquint Egg Hunt, which was a lot more on Breah's level last year when she was in the 2 and under category.  She just doesn't enjoy being turned loose in a crowd of other kids.  She did get one egg though!
 Then we ran into some friends who shared some eggs with her; which cheered up a bit.  
 Here's Tay flirting with Felicity.  Colette and I were pregnant together, although we'd only see each other at Wal-Mart (almost every week!).  Our due dates were only a week apart, but poor Colette went like 11 days over due, and I was 8 days early, so our kids are actually a whole month apart!

Next up, Breah crashed Emeri and Grace's preschool egg dying party.  These three are so cute together!  By looking at this picture it's hard to believe Breah is over a year older than both of them.  What can I say, she's a shrimp!  But she adapts well, she plays nicely with kids older and younger!


Ok, I have more to come, but it's 11:30, adn I'm beat.  Tayven is waking up way to early lately!  So hows about I continue this another day!  Nighty night ya'll!  

No comments:

Post a Comment