Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Breah's First Swim
The weather down here has been absolutely beautiful lately, so I finally splurged and bought Breah her own pool, thinking she would just love it. We were going to try it out Tuesday, but Breah had just had her shots and wasn't in much of a mood for playing. And when we missed out on a play date to the splash park today (Breah had a 3 hour nap) we decided to give it a whirl and have our own splash party. I thought it might be best to ease into it, so we tried twinkling our toes--she hated it. So Brandon suggested I just plop her in. Well by this point the water had warmed up a bit so I did. She didn't object, but she sure wasn't thrilled. She just sat there like this:
Then I helped her onto her belly and she was happy as could be trying to grab the leaves floating in the water, and then when I sat her up again she decided it wasn't so bad after all. Our first outdoor water excursion was a success, and now we are looking forward to trying out the splash pads and the big pools with our friends (Mommy didn't really fit in Breah's) .

In other news, Breah had her 6 month check up on Tuesday. The doctor tried and tried to find something wrong but after careful examination admitted there is no evidence that she was once such a sick little girl (YEA!) She weighed in at 15 lbs 14 oz and had shrunk in heighth since her last visit--turns out the nurse had measured her wrong, she is actually 26.5 inches tall! So where does she fall in comparison to the rest of world? She's in the 37th percentile for weight and 69th for height!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The 3rd picture is the funniest face! She's such a doll... I wish I could just squish her! (In a good way!) That looks like a lot of fun. And as far as cups, when I get over to Ikea they have these little tumbler cups for kids - cheap price. If you want any, let me know!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY BRANDON! Hope your birthday is lots of fun!
She is so dang cute!! I wish she liked me more, but we will just have to work on it :) You guys can come over and swim with us anytime!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie! She is so adorable in that pool. My kids want to go swimming every day it is warm enough to not wear a jacket! Maybe we should come visit you!
ReplyDelete15lb's! She is catching up to Jorie, 19lb's! She looks like she might really get into the pool thing as soon as she finds a smile! Good try Mom!
ReplyDelete