Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sippy Cup? No Thank You!

So, remember I was telling you what a big girl Breah thinks she is? Whenever I have a glass of water she thinks she needs a drink too, so I tried giving her a sippy cup. Well, she wasn't too excited about it 6 weeks ago, so the other day I bought a different kind and tried again, thinking it would be nice to be able to have a drink in the same room as her and not have to give up (once she gets her hands on it I can't get it back very easily without hurting her tender little feelings). But as evidenced in the picture, that didn't go so well. You see, sippy cups are all high tech these days (spill proof) and you actually have to suck on them to get anything out, whereas with Mom's glass all she has to do is tip it up and open her mouth and she gets all she could ever want and more. So I think we are just going to have to be those parents that bypass the sippy cup and go straight for a big girl cup. She actually does pretty well, and maybe as she gets older we can convince her to take a sippy cup for such events where a sippy cup would prove to be more practical, i.e. in the car, outings, etc.

2 comments:

  1. I had the same problem with Sabrina, so I finally just bought those cheap "Take and Toss" cups because they get some liquid when they tip it up but not too much. She still doesn't do the ones with the valve. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I did buy some of those yesterday and are working at that now. It's just so ruff having to work for your water, but she's a little more accepting of them.

    ReplyDelete