Thursday, September 11, 2008

My 100 Calorie Breakfast

First of all, I have some bad news. Our computer has finally given up and died, he was just too old and crippled to continue on in this life. We are ever so heart broken and have been mourning our loss all week (this happened Saturday). Luckily Brandon has been bringing home his lap top so I can get on the internet at night--it's sad how dependant I have become on it. But I have to admit, this week has probably been one of the most productive in quite some time! I finished all kinds of unfinished projects and have even taken up scrapbooking again. When Breah was first born we had dial up and it wasn't worth it to spend too much time on the computer. My big weakness then was TV. It's so easy to get sucked in when you spend half your day nursing, but I realized I had a problem and really cut back (that was when I discovered and became addicted to Monk). And recently whenever Breah is napping, I would spend my time on the internet stalking blogs and finding all kinds of fun ideas that I will never use. So although most of me really wants to get the computer fixed, there's part of me that's enjoying this new freedom (maybe I should just learn to use my time more wisely, huh).



Anyway...I finally got my O3 order! I don't mean to be annoying about this but I'm so excited I had to share (and after all no one is making you read this, so if you care to hear my rantings--read on, if not that's ok today!) I had a shake for breakfast todays, and I'm happy to report--it was delish! I measured our the cereal I would normally eat and did a little comparison of FIXX vs. a typical day: (and then after this little display i find the nutrition label [above] on the website)



FIXX/Typical Day:



100 Calories / 2 1/2 servings of Honey Bunches of Oats: 300 cal

2 g fat /4 g fat

10 g fiber / 2 g fiber

10 g protien / 4 g protien

800 mg potassium / 150 mg potassium


The list on, but it's almost midnight. Check out the ingredients though:

24 Karat Chocolate Powder, Organic Whey Protein, Inulin, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Guar Gum, Calcium Citrate, CreaFibe SC 40 (vegetable dietary fiber), Potassium Citrate, Oat Fiber, Honey Crystals, Magnesium Oxide, Sodium chloride, Trace Mineral Blend, Inositol, Mono and Di-glycerides, Vanadium Chelate, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Ginger, Bromelain, Organic Vegetable Blend (Carrot, Broccoli, tomato, Cucumber, Kale, Spinach, Parsley, Cabbage, Celery, Cauliflower, Green Bell Peppers, Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, Onion, Garlic, Ginger), Organic Fruit Blend (Apple, Grape, Grapefruit, Orange, Pineapple, Lemon, Lime, Cherry, Watermelon, Pear, Mango, Strawberry, Papaya, Tangerine, Apricot) (Proprietary Probiotic Blend (Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Bulgarlcus, Bifidobacterium Bifidum, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Plantarum, Lactobacillus Brevis, Lacgtobacillus Caucasicus) Xylitol, Chromiuim Chelate, Chromium Picolinate, Iron Furmerate, Natural Vitamin E Acetate, Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide), Zinc Oxide, Copper Gluconate, Selenium Chelate, Guarana Powder, Vitamin A, Acetate, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, Manganese Chelate, Vitamin D3, Molybdenum Chelate, Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin B12 Phosphorus.


Normally i would have a big bowl of cereal then a while later have a snack--a yogurt, cheese and crackers, candy, etc, and then be starving by lunch. Today I got out the animal crackers and ate one, and realized I was not hungry (I tend to eat when i'm bored or maybe it was out of habbit--Breah was napping). Lunch came around and I ate my pb&j, 1/3 string cheese (my little mouse ate the other 2/3) and an apple and was satisfied til dinner! I'm not kidding you either, I normally eat all day long but today it was just 3 meals. Maybe it was just a fluke thing, but even if it was, could my cereal and grazing possibly give me as much nutrition as this? I don't think so!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe my computer should die too. I'd sure get a lot done at night! :)
    I can't wait to try the 100 calorie breakfast! Sounds tasty!

    ReplyDelete