Breah and I are in Illionois for the week. I know, I'm a loser wife to up and leave my sweet hubby AGAIN. But it is only temporary! He's so good to let me run off and play for a week here and there, and doesn't complain nearly as much as he should/could. He is the best, and we both miss him dearly. Breah picks up one of her phones and calls him at least every hour! And so he doesn't forget his girls, this post is for him! We love you Daddy! (ill get those rotated later)



Saturday we went to Zions for a couple hours with the Campbells. There was no BYU game on Sat. so we convinced our men to head up for a quick hike after lunch and before the RS broadcast. Their cute little guy Noah is just a couple days younger than Breah, too! It was National Park Day, so it was FREE, so we didn't feel too bad for not being able to stay longer. After our hike we put the kids in the river (thus the naked babies in the stroller). Noah couldn't get enough, and Breah thought it looked really fun, but wasn't digging the freezing water. She stood on the toes of one foot, and held the other one behind her knee like a little flamingo. It was fun though, I think we'll go back when we can be there to enjoy it a little longer!

So I was really nervous about flying to Illinois with Breah, but I have to say it went WAY better than I anticipated. First of all, I would like to say thanks to anyone who has ever been kind to someone flying with children--unless you have done it yourself you have no idea how much it is appreciated! I was so stressed out trying to juggle treats, my bag, the stroller, the tickets, etc while holding the line up as little as possible, but I was surrounded by the nicest people. People folding up my stroller to go through the x-ray, stowing and unstowing my bags. One nice family overheard me on the flight from Vegas to SL saying that I was going on to St. Louis, so they waited for me outside the plane, led me to the next gate, adn insisted that I board with them durning A boarding (family boarding is now between A & B). So I lucked out and got front row seats on both flights. I met the nicest couple going to SL. They are from CA, mormons who's kids are going to UVU, so they are building a house up there and retiring to Utah. She was so sweet. She has 7 kids and was making all kinds of predictions about what Breah is going to be like as she gets older. I was really worried about take off and landing, but Breah absolutely loved it. She giggled and jabbered, spastically "clapped" her hands, jumped up and down, pretty much had the time of her life. I gave her her bink as we were landing in SL, hoping to help her ears, but she was just fine. the FA asked "whatcha got?" and she took it out and handed it to her. The flight attendants kept saying they couldn't believe how happy she was. She played peekaboo with the guy behind us the whole way to st. louis. She did not cry or whine one time the entire day. I was hoping she would sleep on the flight to St. Louis, but she could not slow down long enough to fall asleep. She wouldn't even take the binky, probably because she knew it would relax her too much. And as much as I didn't want to, I took everyone's advice and gave her benadryl and she still didn't sleep--until we were off the plane. She was out as soon as she was in the stroller adn rolling. Anyway, that was long, but this is my (public) journal, so too bad! We are having fun, but I must get to bed. Ali has early morning sem. at 6:00 (which my body still thinks is 5)! More to come soon!
I have had my share of experiences flying alone with babies and that is greater than all of mine so way to go! Have a great trip!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on surviving the plane ride. Good luck on the return trip!
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of little Breah, and so happy for you! Nice pictures. I like the naked noah stroller picture, and especially how he reaches out so tenderly to your daughter. He loves her. Come home so we can do more fun things :) Have fun!
ReplyDeleteCampbell's?! That's my maiden name. Looks like lots of fun!! Miss you guys! Hope you're having fun on your little vacation and that Breah liked the flight!
ReplyDeleteShe is just so cute! I can't get over it! Looks like you are having fun down there! Miss ya!
ReplyDelete