Monday, September 15, 2008

Where are you Fall?

It seems like at the beginning of each season I think to myself, "I love Fall, it is my favorite time of year!" But then as times goes on, I get a little tired of it, and so when the season changes, so does my mind (maybe that's why I have such a hard time with favorites in general). Now in my mind I know that summer is ending but it just doesn't seem to be happening. Yes, the kids are all in school, vacationing has ceased, blah, blah, blah...but I see no physical evidence that fall is approaching! All the vegetation is still green and the mountains (mesas might be a more appropriate discription) look exactly the same. I want to see yellow and red (red dirt doesn't count) and all the pretty colors of fall. The good thing is it is actually quite comfortable outside now, and I don't think much of it til I am reminded (fall decor in stores, photos on the news, etc) of what I am missing. And I'm sure I will be loving it this winter when yall have had 2 feet of snow for months on end, but I'm going to miss that for the first little bit! I love snow!
Breah is loving this new weather too. If anyone goes near the door she races over thinking it's time to go out and play. She especially loves the rock beds. This morning I let her play on the patio while I did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen, and because the grass was wet I didn't have to worry about her escaping. And despite her lack of vocabulary, she is getting to be pretty good at communicating her wants. When she is tired of playing indoors, she will crawl over to the door and start pounding on it til I either give in and I distract her with something else to do.
This is actually her pounding on the office door (in her pjs with a bow she found on the floor--why she insists on wearing it now but refuses in public is beyond me)...it is her favorite room in the house and we now have to keep it tightly closed at all times, or I end up with this:
I guess it should give me hope that she will be a scrapbooker too someday, huh? Tne part of fall that I'm sure we will enjoy no matter where we live is BYU Football. If any of you have ever been around a Dansie during a game the following recap won't be surprised. While Brandon was watching the game, Breah was entertaining herself with the toys on the floor. Brandon would let out an occusion cheer of some sort and Breah would startle and stare up at him then continue her previous task...until she was standing at the couch in front of him at the time of a very loud celebration. She stuck out her little lip and just broke down. It was so sad, i think she must of thought he was yelling at her cuz she was just devastated, but all we could do was laugh (and as usual I was a little slow to get the camera). (ill have to rotate that pic later, sorry)I have tried not to expose Breah to too much TV, but I'm not perfect. I was watching Good Things Utah and every time there was music Breah would be mesmorized. Her she is with her bucket/purse that she carries around everywherePeople always say she looks just like me, but I think she is much cuter and rarely see the resemblance. But not even I can deny the resemblance (at least to a particular baby picture) here. I tried and tried to get her to wear this cute hat, but it wasn't happening. Oh well, it made for a cute picture! This book shelf is another favorite, she will pull down anything within reach, but then she gets further and further away til she can't reach anymore, so then she will sit down and "read" them. And last but not least, this picture is just to prove that she does, in fact, have hair. And the poor thing got my "cow lick" (I spent the first 10 years of my life petrified that another cow was gonna lick me, and I grew up surrounded by cows!). I try to tame it but it usually ends up looking like this after a nap.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy I found your blog! Cute pictures. Breah has such a funny little personality! I liked the BYU football story. I think Noah has become immune to sports fanatic behavior :) A couple years ago the same sort of thing happened when we were watching the BYU Utah game with a lot of people, mostly Kyle's brothers who also love BYU football. When BYU caught that crazy pass in the end zone at the very end of the game to win the game,the whole room went crazy. My four year old niece was in the room too and I have never seen a child in hysterics like that. She was a wreck for probably 30 minutes after the incident. These poor children of football fans :) Hope you guys have fun this weekend (aren't you going to the BYU game too?) Maybe we will see you there :)

    ReplyDelete