Wednesday, February 11, 2009
The Best Job in the World
I honestly believe that motherhood is the absolute best job in the world. And it's even better when your kids are so irresistably adorable--how can you not love every minute of it? Ok I'll admit, not EVERY minute. Like when she repeatedly throws her food on the floor even when she knows it will land her in time out. Or when you have to pick up the tampons eight hundred times a day (I finally moved them into the closet and replaced them with paper towels...now she unrolls those. I may have to break down and put locks on the cabinets afterall, they are just too tempting). Or when you have to cook dinner with a 22 lb weight on your leg (and if I'm not wearing a belt I have to be especially careful). But fortunately the little annoyances are far outweighed by the joy they bring into our lifes. I just put Breah down for a nap and as soon as we got into her bedroom she laid her little head down and started humming "I am a Child of God." It gets me every time. I'm such a nerd, I'm sitting here bawling just thinking of the preciousness of it all. I had the hardest time putting her down cuz I just wanted to hold her and listen to her sing. She is the sweetest thing in the world if you ask me! But I better take advantage of this nap and get something done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You have cute stories of her. It makes me miss her! I love the humming. And the cat meowing all night was great!!!! Keep posting, it makes me happy to hear about you guys!
ReplyDelete