Breah has become obsessed with cats as of late. Her favorite books are those with cats in them and we have to be careful that none of these are included in her church bag or sacrament meeting is interrupted with a loud outburst of meowing. She begs to go outside all the time and once we're there she's on a hunt for the kitties that live across the street. She will search high and low for them adn as soon as she spots one she lets out an exstatic giggle and begins chasing.
While in SL she was introduced up close and personal to dogs (she's seen them before but I never let her get that close). She liked them too, but I fear she is confused--she thinks they meow too. Infact, just about anything with eyes meows according to Breah. The prime example: The other day we were watching TV and a Chips Ahoy commercial came on. As soon as that giant talking cookies with eyes came onto the screen Breah became enthralled, (that doesn't happen often, try as I may) meowing like crazy at the cookie. I had to laugh and kindly correct her, "No honey, that's a cookie!" I've seen that commercial (or at least another chips ahoy one) once since and there is a little dog, Todo, in it, so maybe that's what she was referring to, but the cookie makes a better story.
Sometimes I think either she has an imaginery pet cat or she thinks she is a cat. Last night we put her to bed as usual, around 8:20. Ten minutes later she was crying so I went in and gave her loves and put her back down. This happened 2 more times (mostly a fake cry/whine) so after the 3rd time I decided to just let her cry. She must have realized that crying wasn't getting her anywhere so all of the sudden her cries turned into meows. I about died laughing. I guess maybe she thought if she were cute enough she could get out and play, but by this point it was 9:30. So she continues to meow for the next 20 minutes before finally drifting off to sleep. What a goose!
Oh, and one more quick, unrelated story from last night. We went to mutual with the Beehives last night (watched "The Phone Call" while knitting hats) and of course they all wanted to play with Breah. She wouldn't let go of my leg, so one of the girls, Kate, (who by the way is moving to Vernal and I am so sad!) gets out her cell phone to bribe her. Well Breah took the bait alright! We found it in her purse when we got home. I'm raising a clepto! So anyway, I had to go track her down and give her phone back, which didn't make Breah very happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment