I hate feeling regret. I think it's one of the worst feelings in the world. But lately I've been thinking, what if we had waited to buy a house? My friend just bought a really nice house with a fully landscaped yard, brand new appliances, marble countertops and all that fancy fun stuff, adn I can't help but wonder what kind of house we could have had if we would have held out a little longer. But I don't regret buying our house. I love our house. It's ours, we've made it a home . And it is here that we will stay and make many wonderful memories together as a family. It may not have fancy knotty alder cabinets and matching stainless steel appliances. We do have real dishes finally--but guess what! We were just as happy with our plastic picnic dishes. We have a roof over our heads and are safe from the elements, warm from cold, and cool from the heat. We have money for groceries and clothes on our back. We have each other. What more could I ask for? No, I don't regret buying my house. It is here that I have made some of the best friends I had in years--I probably would have made good friends elsewhere too, but then I wouldn't have made these, and I'm glad I did. I think maybe things happen for a reason and we are where we are because that is where you are supposed to be. So never again will I wonder, "What if we had waited?"
And along those lines, I just came across the best book. It really made me think about my own dreams. Read it for yourself here
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment