Monday, February 9, 2009
While the hubby's away, the girls will play!
We had such a fun time hanging out with all the fam last week. I'm so glad everyone was willing to take turning babysitting us--thanks guys! For the record, here's a little bit about our trip. Monday we got to go up to the Draper Temple open house. It was beautiful, but I was surprised at how small it is. Breah didn't sleep much Sunday night (she has a hard time adjusting to new surroundings) so she crashed going through the temple but woke right up when she heard there were cookies. Let me just say, I'm glad I was able to take the stroller, otherwise she may have been one tired, whiney girl! We had a nice FHE with the Dansie Fam on temples that night, and then Tues we kicked off a marathon of craft projects (my kinda week!) by hitting all the local craft stores in search of heart shaped wreaths, fabric for the aprons I'm making, and ribbon. It's probably best I don't live closer to such enormous stores! We started making bows for our girls (me & Em), and then I headed up to SL for a girls night with the aunties. We went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory where they serve massive amounts of food that you have to choose from a novel they call "menu" (that would be my only complaint--too many choices, but I guess there's bound to be something for everyone) and the most delicious cheesecake I've ever tasted. After dinner, Michelle, Janae, Annette and I headed to see "Yes Man." To me it was very Jim Carrey (not a huge fan) but I laughed alot, so it was all in all a good show. Wednesday I took Breah up to play with the Martin cousins while I worked on some things with Shell and Nettie. Michelle has a great big dog that I was sure would scare Breah but she loved it. She would giggle every time it got near her and even let her lick her face while I changed her diaper. And I'm not talking about a little poodle, this dog was taller than her (and actually there were two) but she wasn't phased a bit. Then at Nettie's there was Flute, the grumpy old cat that won't let anyone touch her. Breah went crazy every time she saw her and would chase it through the house, under the table, on the bed, and when she couldn't see her, she would just meow like she was calling it. While in Salt Lake we also got to meet up with one of my best friends from Logan, Sara Lundberg, at the park. Her boys are cute as can be and it was so good to see her again. Her oldest boy is exactly 2 years older than Breah and they are betroved to be married in 20 years (actually I don't care which one she marries, as long as Sara and I can be sort of in-laws). Thursday was the day to finish all the projects. We made lots of bows, finished Emilee's clock (minus the numbers--nothing ever goes the way we plan...), sewed headbands for ourselves, made a wall hanging with Nancy's Brazil postcards, and worked on my wreath. I was in crafters heaven, but we really missed Brandon, so we woke up Friday morning and headed home so we could meet him at the shuttle. I'm so glad we didn't stay home and be bored by ourselves all week, plus Breah needs to take every chance she gets to get to know her family since we are so far away! I'll have to post some pics later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment