Monday, December 20, 2010

Dansie Family Parties


For the first time in our married life, we decided to stay home for Christmas. But since we weren't traveling for Christmas, we went up for the Dansie parties on the 17th and 18th. Friday night we met with the extended Dansie family in Payson. We had yummy food, visited with family, and had lots of fun. Ashley and I were in charge of games for the kids--we played pin the nose on the snowman and had snowball races. Poor Breah, I was so focused on getting a picture of her that I let her run right into the wall. She was pretty upset and her pride was pretty much damaged the remainder of the night. Here's a little clip as proof. I'm sure it doesn't help either that she gets her competitiveness (and coordination) from me.
Grandma Dansie gave us all wonderful handmade gifts. Brandon and I got a quilt top, Tayven got a hat, and Breah got a new purse. It's her new favorite, she even sent some of her old ones to DI. I just have to add that Breah calls Grandma Dansie the one with the purple ball at her house. The last time we stopped there for a visit she had a purple inflatable ball that she was using as part of her physical therapy, and apparently Breah remembers that. She asked me one day, who gave me my new purse? was it the grandma with the purple ball? After the party was over, we walked out to find a few inches of freshly fallen SLICK snow. Of course, there was no scraper anywhere to be found in our poor St. George car, and then we had to crawl back to AF. Can I just remind you how much I hate driving in snow and I'm so glad it's a rare occasion!

Saturday was the party with just the immediate family. Brandon was especially excited to get to watch the bowl game with someone who really cared (I'm a terrible wife, I can't even pretend to know what's going on) while we entertained the kids with gingerbread houses, snow globes, and games. Breah had so much fun with her cousins!
Then we had a big family home evening (it's a monthly tradition that we miss out on every other month of the year) and read & acted out the Christmas story from the Bible. Breah was pretty excited to be the angel and would have worn her costume all day had we let her. And Tayven was a little donkey--though I think a real donkey may have been more cooperative. We also played a couple games, including a Christmas tree contest, and had our cousin gift exchange and opened presents from G&G. Breah got a magnetic paper doll book from Daxton, and a doctor kit and Bell dress from G&G. Now she finally has something to wear with her Bell shoes and can more efficiently reenact the horror of Oct. 12th. Tayven got a little alligator from Lilly and a rock-n-roll truck from G&G.


Oh! I almost forgot! Saturday morning before the big game, Breah and Daddy went out and built a snowman. She sure loves her daddy and is in heaven whenever they get to play together like this!





No comments:

Post a Comment