Sunday, December 5, 2010

Playing Catch Up: Thanksgiving

Tayven had his follow up appointment at Primary's on November 18th, so i decided to go up and stay for the week and have Brandon meet us in the big V for Thanksgiving.  So, Wednesday morning (the 17th) the kids and I headed up for an extended visit with both families.  We stayed at G. Nancy's house and Breah got to stay and play there while I took Tay to see the opthamologist and neurosurgeon.  He passed both exams with flying colors and didn't even have to have another CT scan.  In fact, it went so well that I kind of wonder if it was really necessary, I think our regular doctor could have taken a look at him and determined whether or not we needed to make the trip, but, better safe than sorry I guess.  I met some amazing mom's there at the hospital and gained an even greater appreciation for the blessing of having healthy kids.  We joke about our luck, but seriously, we've got it good.  It's amazing to talk to some of the people there and hear their stories and see the amount of faith they have!  I did try and meet up with an old friend from college (Brandi Dansie, who works there, and who also has a brother named Brandon) who I ran into during our first visit there, but our schedules never coincided.  We've exchanged emails and such since though, and it's been kind of fun to get reacquainted after all these years.  I love running into people randomly like that!

So the kids and I spent a few days with Grandma and Grandpa Dansie where Breah and Tayven were both spoiled with love and attention from them, and even got to spend some time with cousins, and Nancy and I spend a lot of time at Rod Works and Christmas boutiques.  Saturday night we headed up to Bountiful, despite the adverse weather conditions, for my uncle Kevin's 50th birthday party.  It was cold and windy and I thought I should have missed the storm, but just as I got closer to Bountiful, it started to get ugly.  It was hailing pretty hard and by the time I got the hill going up to their house, the roads were pretty slick.  I almost didn't make it up the hill and was afraid for my life.  I'm sure in years past it wouldn't have seemed so bad, but after living in St. George for 3 years, you kind of forget how to drive in such conditions.  In the couple hours we were there they got enough snow that I almost didn't make it out of the driveway.  Driving home was a nightmare, but luckily the kids weren't screaming so I didn'thave that stress on top of it.  I definetly don't miss driving in that!  Yuck!  It was good to go see all the fam though!  Sunday morning we rode out to Vernal with Grandpa Craig and Grandma in more snow.  Just glad I wasn't driving, I probably would have turned around!      We don't get out to Vernal nearly enough, so it was good to go and spend a few days there with my mom before the crowds came in for Thanksgiving.   The boys are so good with the kids, and Grandma Nellie has some killer fun toys (including the best dress up collection ever, an awesome type writer that keeps kids of all ages entertained, and cousins, to name a few), so no one is ever bored:
 



And Breah even got to go to preschool with Grandma.  We are a quite envious of Graci & Cielo getting to have her as a teacher, but at least Breah got to experience it for a day! We sure wish our cousins and Grandparents lived closer!
Tayven enjoyed getting reaquanted with everyone too...He's starting into the whole stranger danger phase, but  I remember Breah being a lot worse.  Maybe he's still too young?  Anyway, he did pretty good with all the people, and was just a good boy in general.  The first couple of nights at Nancy's he fought going to sleep at night, but did great the rest of the trip, even the first night at G. Nellie's!  

 But seriously, who wouldn't enjoy sleeping in this bed?  It's like your own private circus!  And here's Breah's bed, she was equally as excited to have her own bed to sleep in.  Thank goodness for fuzzy jams, since she's such a wild sleeper and wiggles out of her sleeping bag!


Wednesday afternoon we went to the matinĂ©e of Tangled.  Gotta be one of the cutest movies ever.  Breah's been obsessed with it ever since (finally a princess movie she might watch!).  This was also the day we were reunited with our Daddy!  He made it despite all the snow and blizzard warnings! 




1 comment:

  1. You do such good journal entry's I think I'll write our family history by saying "2010--see the 'Danies Family Chronicles' by Shay.

    We sure love it when you come to play with us!!
    You make the 'HOLLY' days 'JOLLY' day's for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete