Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving, Continued

FYI:  I'm pretty sure I only have a select few readers anymore, and these readers don't mind my ramblings so much, so I'm done trying to be concise.  Grandma and Grandma, this is for you.  If anyone else is out there, feel free to skim through all the boring details of the last couple months of our lives!
It's been a long road, but Breah finally remembers people now and is a little bit quicker to warm up (although if you come to our house you'll be best friends in no time).  This isn't true, however, for the Grandpas.  Bless his heart though, Grandpa Lanny sure tries.  She now knows him as Grandpa Whopper because every time we're over there he bribes her with whoppers.  It's hilarious.  He rattles the box and she goes tiptoeing over to get as close as dares to grab one and run.  This time though she was getting braver and would grab 3, pull em out and show him how tricky she was.  But that right there is as close as she'd get.
It was the Martin year for Thanksgiving, but we missed the Kevin Martins, Wilkens, and Barneys this year.  The Friday after is always a big celebration in Vernal, but with the lil' ones and my recent acclimation to warmer temperatures, we elected to just catch the parade, and that was cold enough (Tay and Daddy watched from the car, I have yet to purchase a coat for the poor kid)!  It was fun though to get all bundled up to see Santa ride into town.  And the best part of the parade was getting to see Mater!  Breah was so excited to see Mater with a Rudolf nose on.  He really was cute, I wish I would have got a better picture.  Then we went to the Tree festival and over to my Dad's for dinner, followed by a little birthday celebration for  . . . . ME !  Yep, I'm only 2 years away from my golden birthday.  Sheesh I'm getting old!  And 3 from 30.  Yikes!
Saturday we headed back to AF for the BYU game and some more yummy food.  You can never have too many turkey dinners!  

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't Mater a HOOT! I hope he becomes as frequent in our parades as the same old fire trucks we've been going back to see 4 times a year since 1976!!! (as if they've changed)

    ReplyDelete