Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Wet Christmas

While most of America dreams of a white Christmas, we were quite enjoying a wet one!  We did feel a little bit like we were living in Seattle rather than St. George, but we made the most of it all.  As I'm sure you heard, Saint George got hit pretty hard and had some serious flooding.  It was pretty surreal to look out on the river and see it swallowing up the land around it.  The street just down from us was one of the first to close and Brandon almost floated away on his way to the gym one day before that road was also closed.  It was kind of funny one day (the day all these pics were taken) when we came home from visiting Brandon at work, we walked in the house and Breah said, "What a beautiful day!"  Me: "Really honey, a beautiful day?"  Breah:  "Yeah, It's so nice out there today!"  Never mind that we hadn't seen the sun in over a week, we were drenched from head to toe, and our back yard was (still is) a swamp, it was a beautiful day!



Breah LOVES to splash in puddles.  She would be out there all day if I let her, so for the duration of Tayven's afternoon nap, we played in the rain.   So actually, I guess to her it was a beautiful day.  I need to be more like her and find the good in all things.  




 It's times like this I really appreciate the speed of a DSLR camera.  Yes, I took a gazillion pictures, but in that lot I got these:  

No comments:

Post a Comment